Sat, 07 Sept|
Location is TBD
Beginner Surf Academy
Get ready to catch some waves and make unforgettable memories with Shaka Surf Beginner Surf Academy! Join us for a weekend of surfing, sun, and sisterhood as we take on the waves together.
Time & Location
07 Sept 2024, 08:00 – 08 Sept 2024, 14:00
Location is TBD
About the event
Our Beginner Surf Academy is a fun, inclusive and informative introduction to surfing in a female environment. Over the course of 1.5 days, you will receive small group, dynamic coaching to take you through all the basics of surfing and riding your first waves.
- 2 surf lessons + 1 unguided surf with two female surf coaches
- photo analysis
- Restorative yoga class
- Surfboard and wetsuit (if required)
- Land-based theory to learn the basics of surfing, choosing surf locations, equipment and surf etiquette.
- Inclusive, friendly, fun environment to get to grips with surfing.
- Professional photos to take home
- Free goody bag with our favourite local products.
What's not included?
- Travel to and from beach each day
- Overnight accommodation (although we can provide recommendations)
- Food and drink
- Towels, swimming costumes, wetsuit boots and gloves (if required) and warm clothing.
Whilst we aim to take lessons at Newgale, Whitesands or Broad Haven beach, conditions may mean that the lessons will be taken at other beaches between Freshwater West, Manorbier, Nolton and others in Pembrokeshire.
Please note itinerary timings are set to change due to tide times and weather conditions.
9am meet and greet
10am Introduction to surfing
10:30am Surf lesson (includes safety talk, warm-up, land-based workshop and in-water time)
1:30pm Individual and group Video Analysis
2.30pm Forecasting workshop, looking at waves for next day
2:45pm Unguided, supervised surf session
4.45pm Optional drink and debrief!
9.30am Morning yoga
10am Review previous day over tea + coffee!
10:30am Surf lesson
12pm Weekend finishes :(
Our cancellation policy
Partial refund (75%) until 28 days before event. 50% refund available until 14 days before event. No refund can be issued 7 days before event.
Whilst we will always aim to run our events somewhere, sometimes Pembrokeshire weather and waves conditions mean that we have to cancel the event for your personal safety. In the case of the event being cancelled due to uncontrollable weather conditions (waves too small, storms etc.) you will have the option to receive a 75% refund or to move your spot to another weekend free of charge.
- Ticket type
+£4.98 service fee+£4.98 service fee